Friday 15 January 2010

Important News

Don't worry, blog isn't closing down. Far from it :)

Basically there's a new competition whose deadline is 26th Feb. I'm going to try and enter.

By try I mean I will not bust a gut in getting my entry ready, should life's normal curveballs prove too much.

However, it means that I am dropping Imperial Intrigue for the moment.

I might be picking up Inescapable Ties...but the content is probably too mature for 12 year olds so I may just write another story in that particular series (yes, all the books are standalone but it is a series).

Want to know about the content?

Well....here's what will be in it.

* Female protag is Muslim
* Set in space (sci-fi)
* There will be space stations involved.
* Humour
* Maybe an alien or two
* Mild peril

Yes, I am about to go and see which are the latest 9-12 year old books. I know I've read some, I just can't remember which ones they were... (that is the best way to judge what's appropriate for an age group).

Word limit is 35k. Can't remember the minimum, but I know its under 20k.

So that's me for the next month and a bit.

Plan of action:

Saturday: game all day with anime breaks. Plot entire time in my head (gaming is how I plot. It works really well - honest!)
Sunday: Catch up with reviews that I never got round to today (got distracted with shiny ARC pile that shot up), read, start writing.

Will keep you posted how it goes!

2 comments:

Suzette Saxton said...

Your blog is lovely! And the contest sounds great. Keep me updated - and best of luck!

Nayuleska said...

Thank you Suzette! I will :)