Thursday 24 December 2009

Chapter 3 progress report 1

*throws Muse a piece of chocolate*

Today I successfully added some more to chapter 3. When I first sat down to write, I was a bit apprehensive. I remembered how the chapter started, at a much slower pace and in a different style to how I thought Treanna's story would be.

However, I stuck with it, thinking it was ok and I can always change it on a rewrite. I'm glad I did,m because now I have the action in and I think it's coming out ok. 348 words later, and I'm showing that Treanna has limits, and makes errors in judgement. Errors which will be laughed at, but which will have her practicing the failed stunt at various points throughout the novel.

Her failure is unexpected, but good because it shows she isn't perfect, however much Termions are perceived as perfect, they aren't. They are essentially human.

Tomorrow I can hopefully introduce Gratallina, Treanna's friend from Termion (currently on a very long hiatus). Loving my wip right now.

No comments: