Saturday 3 September 2011

On lesson 12!



Yesterday was great fun, because as I was reading lesson 11 I thought  that there wasn't much for me to do. I was write. I'm now on lesson 12. I had a peek at it yesterday, and thankfully for 12-14 I've actually done quite a lot of the work in my head, earlier on in the revision course. So I'm just writing down what's in my head. It does mean that I actually have to give names to a few characters (rather than calling them Bodyguard, which really works in the novel but I needed a real name). I knew the real name for Bodyguard was in another wip (where she first features as a bounty hunter, but because of that book becomes a respectable member of a security force), so I hunted that wip down. The name was beautiful, but I needed a less girly name for her in Inescapable Ties. So I brainstormed with a friend, and we came up with the same name, slightly different spelling at the same time. So that name is sorted.

It's a nice surprise that the next few lessons shouldn't be too tricky to work through. As much as I want to carry on editing all day, that really isn't a good idea for me. So I'm being good, closing everything down and going to read this afternoon, then have a bit of a Winx fest this evening. Getting back into reading is supremely awesome, and I'm loving it! There's no better place to be on a rainy day than inside, warm, snuggled under a blanket with hot chocolate and a stack of books.

I lost a few hours earlier today while my car was serviced, but I did take books there. I had a pleasant surprise as I waited, was offered some tea so didn't refuse, but instead of machine tea it was in a proper mug! That was very pleasing, as machine tea doesn't always taste great.

What ever you're up to today, enjoy it!

No comments: