- Monday night
- Lots of whoohoos and squees when I discovered that I can get Final Fantasy 7 & Final Fantasy 8 for the psp. Why such a big deal? They are part of my favourite computer series. FF7 is on permanent loan to a friend (with my old playstation) and FF8 needs replacing because of scratches on the discs.
- So I downloaded the software to go onto the psp store....only to discover I needed an update for it.
- And....hey, my battery wasn't charged enough to initiate the update. Even though it was plugged in! So I charged it until....
- Tuesday night
- I updated my psp...(it took a while), got onto the website. Bought the two games (nice and cheap). Tried to download....
- ....but my memory card wasn't big enough. So I ordered one. Estimate delivery date? Saturday. I'm off cat sitting for a bit, so planned to pop back Sunday to collect it.
- Thursday (today)
- Received the memory card several days ahead of schedule. Yay! Put it in. Downloaded ff8.
- Only the battery seemed to die. Tried to access the game and hey, got a 'corrupted data' message.
- Much grumbling ensued.
- Got power adapted...plugged it in.
- Note: I had noticed it was fussy in charging lately.
- PSP failed to charge. *panic sets in*
- Tried it for 10 minutes. Pleaded, prayed (prayers worked). Still dodgy connection.
- Tried a different adaptor (my psp isn't english, so it has a 2 pin plug). Nothing.
- Started looking where to buy one.
- Because I'm a firm believer in googling everything, I googled my question.
- Guess what. Other people had the same problem. It's not the adaptor!
- With more prayers, I removed the battery, plugged it back in....held my breath and switched it on.
- It works!
Conclusion: the battery is dead.
I got the psp years ago when parents were on holiday. I'm going to try and find a replacement battery (unsure how successful I will be because it is an old version). It's not the end of the world if I can't find a battery because I only ever play it in a house...where there is always a free plug.
I am really happy that it works. I am downloading ff8 for the 2nd time as we speak. I'm hoping it works!
That has been my drama of the week :)