Monday 31 August 2009

Near writer meltdown isn't pleasant.

I nearly dissolved this evening. A wip I'd created last year, hadn't been sighted on any of my 3 usbs. I'd stupidly deleted the file off CC (writing forum). I'd even more stupidly got rid of the paper copy thinking 'oh i've got it on my computer'.

Searched my scrappy lappy. Nothing. I then realised it would be under a different name. I tried the new name. Nothing. I tried doing a word search. Nothing (nothing else on my laptop has the word bomb). Freaking out majorly, I get my mini laptop out. I only have up to chapter 8 or 10 on it.

I send frantic email to the one person who critiqued it. I then decided to check the recycle bin on the scrappy lappy.

IT WAS THERE!!

Tears of joy from me at the sight of my wip. I'm pretty sure I've got everything else vital off the scrappy lappy. I managed to save it from word to open office (so its readable). It needs changing but oh i'm delighted. Yay!

So please, SAVE in lots of places and NEVER delete anything. Ever.

5 comments:

Danyelle L. said...

*hugs*

I'm so glad you found it. That would be a horrible feeling!

XiXi said...

Wow, I was hyperventilating for you just reading that. Thank goodness you found it!

Nayuleska said...

My poor beta reader for this wip said she nearly had a heart attack. Losing a wip...isn't a fun thought at all.

Nayuleska said...

My poor beta reader for this wip said she nearly had a heart attack. Losing a wip...isn't a fun thought at all.

Krispy said...

Eeeek! I'm sorry that happened to you, but I'm glad you found it in the end! Thank goodness!