Tuesday 1 June 2010

2 hours....no net...how many words did I write?

2.1k! So happy. In a true rough draft mode (because Muse seems to be on fire when I don't go back and edit first time).

Got home from work. Boiled the kettle. Prepared the cup of tea.

Me, my mini laptop, and the cup of tea. It has no internet. I was devoid of communication to the outside world.

Finishted chapter 5, started a bit of chapter 6. Looked at the time - it was 5.20pm (or so I thought). So, since I had time until the 2 hours was up, I carried on writing. Reached 2.1k Was happy.

Looked at time. Thought it was 5.59. It was 5.49!

So 2k in less than 2 hours. I'm very happy. Sure, it needs editing. But Muse is happy, she's taking the story in fun directions. Methinks this first draft could be written quickly, if I stay focused in my allocated writing time.

Yay for writing! Focus is everything. And disconnecting from the internet (my tiny laptop doesn't have it set up yet - I'm keeping it that way for a reason!)

2 comments:

Krispy said...

It's amazing how distracting the internet is just by being there. Congrats on the awesome wordcount! I should try unplugging for a while too. :)

Nayuleska said...

Yup! Also focusing is good too.