Sunday 15 March 2009

That type of book

Who has a book which they read because its a challenge? That they could put down and quite happily not go back to it, but a little voice says 'go on, read me!'?

I'm reading that type of book right now. The story is interesting (sort of), and I've tried to read it several times in the past. I'm half way through. It'll be great when I finish! It's not an edge of the seat type of read (not for me), but elements of it are really cool. And, once I finish, I can tackle the rest of my library books! Which will need renewing because I'm taking so long to read this mammoth work.

3 comments:

Captain Hook said...

Actually, never. If a book doesn't grab me in the first 50 pages (100 for a book over 1000 pages), I put it down and never pick it back up.

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I'm an English major. I did this A LOT in college. :)

Nayuleska said...

Thanks to help with my reading speed, I can now read faster so this torture will end.

The strange thing is, the book is actually better in the 2nd half, than the first. I may just read the other books in the series...